What is Discursis?
Discursis is a computer-based visual text analytic tool for analysing human communication. Communication can be in the form of conversations, web forums, training scenarios, and many more. Discursis automatically processes transcribed text to show participant's individual topic use, and their interactions around topics with other conversation participants, over the entire time-course of the conversation. Discursis can assist practitioners in understanding the structure, information content, and inter-speaker relationships that are present within input data.
How does Discursis work?
Discursis processes conversation transcript data to determine the conceptual content of each conversation turn. Turns containing similar concepts are linked by shading the vertically and horizontally adjacent elements below the diagonal according to the strength of match, and owner of the content. In the example presented here the physician’s statements (red) are strongly linked as they all refer to the patient’s husband.
What can Discursis do?
- track the state of the communication, to identify key points and trends, and provide early warning of communication issues or changes in situation.
- identify whether participants are talking past each other, or engaging successfully.
- identify whether participants in the conversation are: leaders, promoters, recruiters, innovators, followers, or non-conformists.
- identify which concepts are influential, and when.
Discursis offers visualisations, charts, and reports of all the above information:
- A concept map of the communication content. Discursis uses the Leximancer concept discovery engine to code and map the meaning of the text.
- User selection of communication channels: these are selected conversation participants, or aggregates of participants, or selected meta-data categories. Each channel is then profiled with a time series chart of its behaviour metrics, a summary scorecard, and a colour on the concept recurrence matrix.
- Concept recurrence matrix - a powerful new way to inspect the dynamics of the communication.
- Score card for each conversation participant/channel for behaviours such as: leader, follower, innovator, promoter.